A mission trip is more than a destination or stamp in your passport; it is an opportunity to serve and experience God moving in another language, culture, and people. And you never know: on this journey, God may ignite a spark in your life to create possibilities to serve Him in unimaginable ways!
Advocates of Love travels 3 – 4 times a year to serve the children in the care of Advocates of Love. Our one-week mission trips are designed to fit into anyone’s schedule. Make the most impact by giving a small amount of time to serve the children of Advocates of Love. These opportunities are an excellent way to make a difference in the lives of our children. The missions are short-term, generally lasting only a week, though you can expect the trip to stay with you for a lifetime.
Advocates of Love Mission Trips
The costs of Advocate of Love mission trips include lodging, in-country transportation, and food. They do not include airfare or dining expenses on travel days. Once you arrive at our destination, you can expect:
What To Expect on a Mission Trip
- a lot of needs but not enough help to go around. Be prepared to do the work that you can each day and pray for God to compel others to help.
- unexpected cultural differences that may confuse you. Translators and long-term missionaries can help with any questions you may have.
- Enrichment activities with our children, including arts and crafts, educational experiences, and worship.
Daily Service Could Include:
- Construction: Your team will work on the grounds of the children’s home
- Children’s Bible School: Your team will help lead a children’s Bible school
- Child Care: Your team will be caring for children living at the children’s home